The news about the billionaires and celebrities always attract people’s attention. If you have a name same as them, it is a 100% guarantee that people will Remember you! Let’s look through some of the Chinese names of billionaires and celebrities (in China and Hong Kong).
- 馬雲(马云), Jack Ma, is a Chinese business magnate who is the founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group, a family of Internet-based businesses.
馬 is the surname, and 雲 is the given name, means cloud.He was born in China, and it is common that people get only 1 given name, unlike in Hong Kong and Taiwan people get 2 given names. The given name 雲has the idea of living freely like cloud in the sky.
- 李嘉誠, Sir Li Ka-shing, is currently the chairman of the board for CK Hutchison Holdings; through it, he is the world’s leading port investor, developer, and operator, and the largest health and beauty retailer in Asia and Europe.
李 is the surname, 嘉誠 are the given names.嘉 meansexcellent, auspicious, it has the idea of joyful, happiness, bright future. 誠is sincere and honest that brings the hope of being a good and trust-worthy person.
- 李兆基,Lee Shau-kee, is a Hong Kong-based real estate tycoon and majority owner of Henderson Land Development, a property conglomerate with interests in properties, hotels, restaurants and internet services. The given names 兆基means good sign and brings the hope of having solid foundation and being successful.
- 何猷龍, Lawrence Ho Yau Lung, is a Hong Kong businessman, is the chairman and CEO of Melco International, the chairman and CEO of Melco Crown Entertainment. He has been described as a “game changer” in the Asian gambling industry.龍is dragon which means the most powerful and the best of all kinds.
- 章子怡,Zhang Ziyi, is considered one of the top Chinese film actresses of modern times, she was first getting international recognition, and awards, for her performance in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, she continued a run of successes including Rush Hour 2, Hero, House of Flying Daggers, and Memoirs of a Geisha.怡 means cheerful; joyful; harmony, it is a name fits an elegant girl.
- 范冰冰,Fan Bingbing, she has topped the “Hottest Asian Celebrity” lists for magazines ranging from Forbes to Esquire. All of this demonstrates that she is poised for a bug future representing Asia on the world scene.冰冰 a double name always gives out a charming feeling, it means ice and brings extroverted feeling and fits smart girls.